The DF Studio team did an update on March 16, 2010 with a number of great new features that that expand the in-browser upload feature to allow you to upload more file formats including video, upload directly to a project and archive original files all in a few quick clicks.
- Search Just Keeps Getting Better – Our team continues to work on helping you find what you are looking for. This update improves the search when you are using multiple words in the search box. Try it out for yourself.
- See Your Archive More Clearly – We haven’t made seeing what files you have in the archive and managing them as easy as it should be. We’ve completely reworked the Archive tab to clearly show what DF Studio is managing for you and how much it costs. Take a look at this exciting improvement.
- Upload Right From Within a Project – If you wanted to add some images to a project with the in-browser upload you would need to re-select the project even if you were already viewing images from it. To make it easier, if you are in a project you can now click the Upload button and will be given the choice to upload to the project you are in or create a new project.
- Did You Say Archive that Original? – When using the in-browser upload, you can now choose to have the original file you uploaded saved in your DF Studio Archive or discarded after the JPG views used by DF Studio are created.
- TIFF, PSD, PDF, PNG or MOV/MPEG Anyone? – You can now upload tiff, psd, pdf, png and mov/mpeg video files with the in-browser upload. DF Studio is able to recognize these file formats and create the JPG previews used by DF Studio. If you are uploading video files, it is recommended that you create “hinted” versions for the best playback experience.
- Get the NEW DF Studio LINK – If you have a ton of files to upload, try out the newest version of our DF Studio LINK tool. It has been re-worked completely and now supports handling master/original file upload to our archive system. Anyone using DF Studio LINK should update to the newest version which is available on the DF Studio Support page (new version is 5.3.0 and available for OS X now and Windows shortly).
- Better Selections for Messengers – Our last DF Studio update really improved the image selection process for DF Studio users by making it much more like your desktop applications. Those great improvements are now available to the people you send Messengers to as well. And we also fixed a few minor issues with the selection tools along the way.
Did You Know? – Our Digital Services team can help you organize your historical archive (digital and film) and get some or all of it loaded into DF Studio? For more information contact the DF Studio support team via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions using these exciting updates to DF Studio please contact our support team by using the Contact link in the upper right corner of the application or by sending email to email@example.com.